Learn about, and compare, many of the computing and storage services available in Google Cloud, including Google App Engine, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, and BigQuery. You learn about important resource and policy management tools, such as the Google Cloud Resource Manager hierarchy and Google Cloud Identity and Access Management.
What you Will learn
Who's this course for?
- Identify the advantages of Google Cloud.
- Define the components of Google’s network infrastructure, including: Points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Classify the difference between Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platformas-a-Service (PaaS).
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud.
- Define the purpose of and use cases for Identity and Access Management..
- List the methods of interacting with Google Cloud
- Lab: Getting Started with Cloud Marketplace
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Compute Engine.
- Define the basics of networking in Google Cloud.
- Lab: Getting Started with VPC Networking
- Classify the purpose of and use cases for Cloud Storage, and database option available in Google Cloud
- Distinguish between Google Cloud’s storage options
- Lab: Getting Started with Cloud Storage and Cloud SQL.
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Kubernetes Engine and Kubernetes.
- Lab: Getting Started with GKE.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google App Engine
- Contrast the App Engine Standard environment with the App Engine Flexible environment.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Identify the purpose and use cases for Cloud Run.
- Lab: Hello Cloud Run
- Describe how Cloud Source Repositories and Cloud Functions can support application development on Google Cloud.
- Explain how template-based creation and management of resources leverages a template to produce efficient app deployment and management.
- Lab: Automating Deployment of Infrastructure using Terraform
- Define SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs.
- Identify the purpose of integrated monitoring, alerting, and debugging.
- Module 1–8 Review
- Additional Learning Paths
sign up to be notified for upcoming classes
No worries. Send us a quick message and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.