Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Big Data and Machine Learning
Duration: 1 Day | Delivery Method: Instructor-led
This one-day instructor-led course introduces participants to the big data capabilities of Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get an overview of the Google Cloud platform and a detailed view of the data processing and machine learning capabilities. This course showcases the ease, flexibility, and power of big data solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
- Identify the purpose and value of the key Big Data and Machine Learning products in the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use Cloud SQL and Cloud Dataproc to migrate existing MySQL and Hadoop/Pig/Spark/Hive workloads to Google Cloud Platform.
- Employ BigQuery and Cloud Datalab to carry out interactive data analysis.
- Train and use a neural network using TensorFlow.
- Employ ML APIs.
- Choose between different data processing products on the Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Basic proficiency with common query language such as SQL.
- Experience with data modeling, extract, transform, load activities.
- Developing applications using a common programming language such Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning and/or statistics.
This class is intended for the following:
- Data analysts, Data scientists, Business analysts getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- Individuals responsible for designing pipelines and architectures for data processing, creating and maintaining machine learning and statistical models, querying datasets, visualizing query results and creating reports.
- Executives and IT decision makers evaluating Google Cloud Platform for use by data scientists.
REQUEST THIS CLASS
- Google Platform Fundamentals Overview.
- Google Cloud Platform Big Data Products.
- CPUs on demand (Compute Engine).
- A global filesystem (Cloud Storage).
- Lab: Set up a Ingest-Transform-Publish data processing pipeline.
- Stepping-stones to the cloud.
- Cloud SQL: your SQL database on the cloud.
- Lab: Importing data into CloudSQL and running queries.
- Spark on Dataproc.
- Lab: Machine Learning Recommendations with Spark on Dataproc.
- Fast random access.
- Lab: Build machine learning dataset.
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow.
- Lab: Carry out ML with TensorFlow
- Pre-built models for common needs.
- Lab: Employ ML APIs.
- Message-oriented architectures with Pub/Sub.
- Creating pipelines with Dataflow.
- Reference architecture for real-time and batch data processing.
- Why GCP?
- Where to go from here
- Additional Resources