Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine
Learn to containerize workloads in Docker containers, deploy them to Kubernetes clusters provided by Google Kubernetes Engine, and scale those workloads to handle increased traffic. Students also learn how to continuously deploy new code in a Kubernetes cluster to provide application updates.
- Understand container basics.
- Containerize an existing application.
- Understand Kubernetes concepts and principles.
- Deploy applications to Kubernetes using the CLI.
- Set up a continuous delivery pipeline using Jenkins
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Application developers, Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, IT managers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments, as well as Web server
- Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
- Create a container.
- Package a container using Docker.
- Store a container image in Google Container Registry.
- Launch a Docker container.
- Provision a complete Kubernetes cluster using Kubernetes Engine.
- Deploy and manage Docker containers using kubectl.
- Break an application into microservices using Kubernetes’ Deployments and Services.
- Create a Kubernetes deployment.
- Trigger, pause, resume, and rollback updates.
- Understand and build canary deployments.
- Provision Jenkins in your Kubernetes cluster.
- Create a Jenkins pipeline.
- Implement a canary deployment using Jenkins.
Duration: 1 Day
Delivery Method: Instructor-led
There are no upcoming classes at this time.