Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals for AWS Professionals
This six-hour course with labs introduces AWS professionals to the core capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in the four technology pillars: networking, compute, storage, and database. It is designed for AWS Solution Architects and SysOps Administrators familiar with AWS features and setup and want to gain experience configuring GCP products immediately. With presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get details of similarities, differences, and initial how-tos quickly.
- Identify GCP counterparts for Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, NACLs, IGW, Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, auto-scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift, AWS IAM, and more.
- Configure accounts, billing, projects, networks, subnets, firewalls, VMs, disks, auto scaling, load balancing, storage, databases, IAM, and more.
- Manage and monitor applications.
- Explain feature and pricing model differences.
- Locate documentation and training.
- AWS Solution Architects just getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- AWS SysOps Administrators used to building IaaS solutions.
- Architects and Engineers operating in multi-cloud environments.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Basic proficiency with networking technologies like subnets and routing.
- Experience with Amazon VPC, Amazon EC2 instances, and disks.
- Familiarity with Amazon S3 and AWS database technologies.
- Google Cloud infrastructure.
- AWS regions, availability zones, and CloudFront.
- GCP regions, zones, edge caching, and Cloud CDN.
- GCP services.
- AWS accounts, billing, and IAM roles.
- GCP accounts, billing accounts, projects, and admin setup.
- Account, billing, project, and admin setup.
- Lab: Set up projects and billing accounts with a free-trial GCP account.
- Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, NACLs, and security groups.
- GCP networks, subnets, routes, and firewall rules.
- VMs in networks.
- Lab: Add VMs, explore the default network, and test connectivity.
- Amazon EC2 instance types, AMIs, Amazon EBS, ephemeral drives, spot instances.
- Google Compute Engine machine types, instances, persistent disks, local SSDs, preemptible VMs.
- VM and web app deployment.
- Lab: Deploy VMs with an app by console and command line.
- Amazon EC2 launch configurations, auto-scaling groups, load balancing.
- Google Compute Engine instance templates, managed instance groups, load balancing.
- Autoscaling and load balancing setup.
- Lab: Scale and load balance instances, and test under load.
- A 3-tier web app in GCP.
- A custom network with custom subnets and firewall rules.
- Lab: Build a 3-tier web app with public front-end and private backend.
- Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena.
- Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Google Cloud Datastore, Google Cloud Bigtable, Google BigQuery.
- Lab: Use gsutil command-line tool to perform operations on buckets and objects in Cloud Storage.
- Lab: Load and analyze data in BigQuery.
- AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudWatch.
- Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Google StackDriver.
- Lab: Deploy your infrastructure using Deployment Manager.
Duration: 1 Day
Delivery Method: Instructor-led