Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Design and Process
Duration: 2 Days | Delivery Method: Instructor-led
This two-day instructor-led class equips students to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud Platform, using proven design patterns and the principles of Google Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). It is a continuation of the Architecting with Google Compute Engine course and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in that course.
Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn to design GCP deployments that are highly reliable and secure; and how to operate GCP deployments in a highly available and cost-effective manner.
- Design for high availability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Assess tradeoffs and make sound choices among Google Cloud Platform products.
- Integrate on-premises and cloud resources.
- Identify ways to optimize resources and minimize cost.
- Implement processes that minimize downtime, such as monitoring and alarming, unit and integration testing, production resilience testing, and incident post-mortem analysis.
- Implement policies that minimize security risks, such as auditing, separation of duties and least privilege.
- Implement technologies and processes that assure business continuity in the event of a disaster.
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Completed Architecting with Google Compute Engine or have equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
This class is intended for the following:
- Cloud Solutions Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Systems Operations professionals, DevOps Engineers, IT managers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
REQUEST THIS CLASS
- Design in this class.
- State and solution.
- Gathering requirements, SLOs, SLAs, and SLIs (key performance indicators).
- Microservices architecture.
- GCP 12-factor support.
- Mapping compute needs to Google Cloud Platform processing services.
- Compute system provisioning.
- Classifying and characterizing data.
- Data ingest and data migration.
- Identification of storage needs and mapping to Google Cloud Platform storage systems.
- Network edge configuration.
- Network configuration for data transfer within the service, including load balancing and network location.
- Network integration with other environments, including on premise and multi-cloud.
- Failure due to loss of resources.
- Failure due to overload.
- Strategies for coping with failure.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery, including restore strategy and data lifecycle management.
- Scalable and resilient design.
- Google Cloud Platform security.
- Network access control and firewalls.
- Protections against denial of service.
- Resource sharing and isolation.
- Data encryption and key management.
- Identity access and auditing.
- Capacity planning.
- Monitoring and alerting.
- Incident response.