Managing Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform for Hybrid Cloud
This course introduces you to fundamentals and advanced practices applicable to the installation and management of Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform for hybrid cloud. Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, install, secure, manage, and scale Apigee API Platform.
- Identify the purpose and value of Apigee API Platform.
- Gain detailed understanding of Apigee API Platform architecture
and recommended practices for topology design.
- Gain detailed understanding of Apigee terminology and logical
- Interact with Apigee API Platform and solve scenarios
by leveraging recommended practices.
- Understand capabilities and practices to secure, manage and scale
- Understand and put in practice installation and upgrade processes.
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Cloud architects, Cloud Engineers and Operations Specialists
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Familiarity with Linux command and command line interface
- Basic understanding of Google Cloud.
- Basic understanding of GKE.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of shell script, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, and TLS.
- Familiarize with Apigee product capabilities and its place in the
- Familiarize with Google Cloud, Kubernetes and Anthos concepts
- Discuss REST fundamentals
- Discuss Apigee hybrid architecture
- Gain understanding of Apigee technology stack
- Discuss Apigee terminology and organizational structure
- Familiarize with Apigee API
- Discuss installation process
- Discuss installation prerequisites
- Gain detail understanding of and practice installation process
- Discuss post installation tasks and recurrent activities recommended
for the platform
- Gain understanding common operational capabilities and practices
- Discuss backup and restore strategy
- Familiarize with API proxy concept and deployment process
- Familiarize with API tracing and debugging
- Discuss Developer Portal solutions
- Gain understanding of and practice capabilities available
for environment management
- Discuss infrastructure security
- Discuss data storage and encryption
- Discuss hybrid access management capabilities and RBAC
- Discuss capacity planning considerations
- Gain understanding of and practice capabilities to scale up/down
- Familiarize with upgrade process
- Discuss rollback process
- Familiarize with logging capabilities
- Understand metrics generated and captured by the system
- Discuss Apigee analytics
- Discuss monitoring and troubleshooting techniques
- Familiarize with Apigee support process
There are no upcoming classes at this time.