Installing and Managing Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform in Private Cloud
This course introduces you to fundamentals and advanced practices applicable
to the installation and management of Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform
in private cloud.
Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials,
you will learn how to design, install, secure, manage, and scale Apigee API Platform.
- Identify the purpose and value of Apigee API Platform.
- Gain detailed understanding of Apigee API Platform architecture
and recommended practices for topology design.
- Gain detailed understanding of Apigee terminology and logical
- Interact with Apigee API Platform and solve scenarios by
leveraging recommended practices.
- Understand capabilities and practices to secure, manage and scale
- Understand and put in practice installation and upgrade processes.
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Cloud architects, Cloud Engineers and Operation Specialists
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Familiarity with Linux command and command line interface
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of shell script, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, and TLS.
- Familiarize with Apigee product capabilities and its place in the enterprise
- Gain understanding of Apigee technology stack
- Gain basic understanding to Apache Cassandra capabilities and how they are leveraged by Apigee platform
- Gain detail understanding of Apigee terminology and organizational structure
- Explore topology design options
- Discuss installation planning
- Understand installation dependencies
- Gain detail understanding of and practice installation process
- Discuss post installation tasks and recurrent activities recommended
for the platform
- Discuss uninstall process, how it works and when to use it
- Discuss the role of Apigee Developer Portal
- Discuss recommended practices for hosting
- Discuss software distribution and installation process
- Discuss platform operations capabilities and recommended practices
- Discuss the role of Management API and how it is leverage by platform and users of it
- Gain understanding of API deployment process
- Gain understanding of Apigee analytics
- Discuss infrastructure operations capabilities and recommended practices
- Discuss Apigee capabilities to secure API traffic
- Understand how to configure TLS critical path components and user facing interfaces
- Discuss upgrade planning recommended practices
- Discuss upgrade prerequisites and how to validate them
- Discuss and practice upgrade process
- Discuss rollback scenarios and rollback process
- Understand scenarios and recommended practices for capacity planning
- Understand how to scale up/down physical and logical capacity
- Understand how to add individual components, extend clusters and add new regions
- Discuss recommended practices for monitoring
- Understand how to monitor individual components
- Discuss the role of synthetic transactions monitoring
- Discuss recommended practices for API monitoring
- Discuss failure scenarios and troubleshooting practices
- Understand Apigee support model
- Understand pros and cons for using a managed storage service versus self-managed containerized storage
- Enable applications running in GKE to access GCP storage services
- Understand use cases for Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Bigtable, Cloud Firestore, and Bigquery from within a Kubernetes application
There are no upcoming classes at this time.