- This class has passed.
Developing APIs with Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform
April 27 @ 9:00 AM - April 29 @ 5:00 PM AEST
Developing APIs with Google Cloud's Apigee API platform
This instructor led live training introduces you to the fundamentals of API Design and the out-of-the-box capabilities offered by Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform. Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, build, secure, deploy, and manage API solutions using Google Cloud’s Apigee API Platform.
What you Will learn
Who's this course for?
- Understand the placement and role of API management in modern
- Define Apigee API Platform logical components and organizational structure.
- Differentiate between Apigee flexible deployment models.
- Explain API lifecycle.
- Describe REST API design.
- Understand the value of API-First development and how to apply it.
- Discuss OpenAPI specification and its use in the context of API-First development.
- Define the building blocks of APIs and API proxies.
- Describe how APIs proxies work and how capabilities such as flows, policies,
route rules, virtual hosts and target servers play a role.
- Understand how APIs are exposed.
- Understand how API proxies connect to backend systems.
- Define API products and the value behind API product strategy.
- Understand the role of developers, applications, and API keys in API management.
- Describe the API publication process.
- Understand API responses and status codes for REST APIs.
- Discuss the importance of API Security.
- Understand the value of application identity.
- Understand the role of user authentication and authorization.
- Gain deep understanding of OAuth (Access token, Refresh token, Common pattern for all grant types) and its application in the context of API design and management
- Discuss federated identity and the use of JSON Web Tokens in your API proxies.
- Explore platform capabilities for protecting against content-based attacks and
- Understand how to protect sensitive data using encrypted KVMs, data masking, private variables.
- Understand the out-of-the-box platform capabilities for implementing mediation
and fault handling.
- Describe implementation patterns and policies for JSON, XML, and SOAP.
- Explore development practices and capabilities used to reuse, share, and enforce
execution of flows and policies.
- Illustrate out-of-the-box options to invoke Google Cloud services and third-party components using extensions.
- Describe when and how to use traffic management.
- Evaluate options and applicable use cases for rate limiting with spike arrests
- Understand caching strategy and how to apply it.
- Describe API publishing strategy and process.
- Expand understanding of REST API design by discussing API versioning.
- Describe the role of developer portals in the API lifecycle and as a critical part of API strategy.
- Discuss available options for message logging.
- Understand the value and use of API analytics.
- Differentiate between message logging and API analytics.
- Understand the extensibility options available for API analytics using custom metrics and dimensions.
- Discuss recommended practices and tooling for Apigee offline development.
- Describe the capabilities offered by management API.
- Evaluate options to leverage CI/CD as part of API lifecycle.
- Explore Apigee Deployment Options.